November 06, 2013

44 Weeks of Gratitude




52 Weeks of More gratitude. More hope. More love. 

A few simple things I'm grateful for that made a week of mostly being stuck in my head, that bit lighter. 

A classic drink on warm days,  water, a good squeeze of lemon and a few sprigs of mint. 

Girls, Season 2 watched, or more accurately, inhaled, over a very short duration of time. 

Morning sunshine on our front verandah. I love sitting at the front door, sun creeping higher in the sky, birds flying from palm to palm,  slowly waking to the day.

Waking on Sunday morning to hear the news that there was a new baby in the world, and he was 8 pounds 8 ounces and named Ruben. Congrats to my beautiful friends Emma p and Matt! And of course to Finn, as he is officially now a big brother. 

A visit to West End markets in Brisbane. What an awesome local market. Stall after stall of good looking fruit and veg, fresh juices, and other foodie delights. It had a real community buzz, people taking time to stop and chat, to smile and draw you in to being a part of the market community.  

 And under the shade of a gorgeous fig tree live music played whilst people enjoyed what I hear is seriously good coffee!

And for my mama and papa and big sister.

52 Weeks of Grateful linking up with Kylie at Octavia and Vicky.

photos: lemon and mint water / morning sunshine on my verandah taken earlier this year in May. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a good idea Natalie :) I should do this.Every body should! This is a good way of finding gratitude over simple things and the things we take for granted or never notice. As for me, the first thing I should be thankful for has to be my husband - who loves me as I am and who accepts my flaws. Just recently we figured out I have a sleep disorder, a throat airway obstruction as suggested by this test (http://bit.ly/1edl9eL). My husband has been very supportive by assuring me that my snoring won't ever affect his love in any way. Sure snoring isn't sexy, neither is healthy. My husband is more concerned about me, more than his lack of sleep (because of my noise). Sleeping with a mouth guard, wasn't easy especially for the first few days, buy hey I should thank heavens there is a device like this to make it easier for people like me while I work on my health from within. See, there is always something to be thankful for, a husband who loves you for who you are and a bonus device to help you with your condition just while you are still getting back into fitness!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x